Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Highly Favoured by God

It’s been another week. Time flies at the speed perhaps second to light, but I should commend on this week because it’s been a week of tremendous blessing, great burning of the Holy Spirit within me compelling me to go, it’s been a week filled with peace that surpasses all understanding.

Where should I start, but to start with praising the Lord?

He is awesome. His favour never fails. And His favour always comes as unmerited, undeserved grace. The Lord always backs us up with more than enough grace as we do His work – sowing seeds of love, planting a word of encouragement, urging fellow believers to become disciples, praying for changes to happen and materialise just as it is in the heavenly realm, calling down His hope and peace when there is despair… Lord, without You I am nothing.

Just the other day I was late for work. And I’m talking about really, really very late. I woke up in shock and disbelief that I was 5 minutes away from the clock in time. Well, what to do? Just take my time to get ready and drive to work with the peace of God in my heart and not fretting.

My colleagues will usually be reprimanded for clocking in late by 1 or 2 minutes. This is the first time I’m ever late for work, and it’s not a 1 or 2 minute lateness. It’s 1 hour and 25 minutes! Both my bosses just smiled at me as I entered the office and told them that it was because I had forgotten to set my alarm and I woke up at 8.10am.

Favour.

My teammates have long ago acknowledged that there is indeed favour upon me and my work. Of course, they didn’t exactly acknowledge God in the picture although I told them before that it was God’s favour on me. And yes, they do joke about it every day, but still, it doesn’t change this fact and truth that I am indeed a highly favoured one.

I am thankful, but my desire is to see all my teammates experience the same favour that I have. I want to see them being blessed in their work and receive recognition and praise for their work, because they work very hard. I want to see all the accusation and injustices that they suffer be nullified. And more than anything, I want to see them believe in Jesus.

Two days ago I had a dream about my work. (I seldom dream about work.) I dreamed that there were some people who came with weird instruments to do some research and test on me and my colleagues on our ability to withstand pain. But it's not just a test on physical pain; the instrument tested on emotional pain at the same time, where the more physical pain you experience, the more emotional pain would increase as well. A few of us were selected to go through this test, and the people assured us that it will not do us great harm. One of my teammates were selected, but I negotiated and told the scientists to let her go, that I would replace her. So they did.

They put a band around my left wrist and started on the weird instrument. I felt pain instantly, slowly at first, and growing more intense as they increased the "volume" on the machine. I could feel a piercing, searing pain in my heart, almost like the emotional pain inside was channelled to my brain cells and transmitted throughout my whole body so that I feel the physical pain. I didn't cry out even though I was already in great pain, yet all the while I felt as though my body was separated from my mind. Throughout the test, I was thinking about how Jesus had suffered the cross and that pain must have been greater than what I was going through. And so the test went on; the scientists kept increasing the "volume". It was getting excruciating now, but I still did not cry out; I still persevered.

Yesterday, I had another dream about my colleagues. It was an annual occasion of some sort for the company, but I don't know what it was. It was almost like a bonus giving day, except that it wasn't. My bosses had prepared gifts for each of us and we were to go to them one by one to receive the gifts. I got a beautifully decorated box. It's not a big box; only the size of my palm, not tall either. My teammates have opened their boxes and revealed accessories of all kinds. All of them only had one or two accessories. I opened mine and took out the accessories one by one, for there were many -- pearl chains, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, you name it. As I took them out one by one, my teammates were all amazed and envious of my gift.

Many things are happening at the moment, and mostly changes that are not good. But I believe the Lord is telling me that even though I will go through times when things are negative and look like they will become worse, He is sustaining me, He will see me through, He will come through for me. And in the midst of all, I will receive gifts and favour from Him. I will remain the highly favoured one. Praise the Lord, He is awesome.

Lord, I pray that at where you have placed me, it will be a position of influence, a position that will enable to share Your love and shine Your glory. Please let Your grace be upon me, so that I will have open doors to preach the gospel, so that in my work I will glorify You.

* picture from gettyimages.com

No comments: