Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Monday, November 24, 2008

Reading & Writing

I suddenly realised just how little I have blogged this month! Gosh, and it's already month end!

Oh yes, blame it on work...

Hope this will be a short one, because it's already very late as it is.

Well, despite the heavy workload I'm assigned this month and for the coming few months, I think it's a matter of need rather than of leisure that I went for some reading. Those who know me and know what I mean will understand this involves hours of slowing bankrupting a bookstore. Or maybe not. In any case, that's what I do when I'm feeling that I need to escape...

As a result, I actually finished another fantasy book in 3 sittings. That's quite fast considering the length and hours I took, although I remember I used to finish the book in a sitting of roughly 4 -5 hours. But yea, that's a bit crazy, I would admit.

I think anyone would agree that I've long past the age of reading children literature, especially fantasy genre, but I figured that I still do because I'm quite a slow learner. I only began to pick up English when I was 14, so I used up most of my teens to discover children's novels. Erm, still discovering... Of course, I have read some solid stuff like Agatha Christie, Christian books, etc, but I still find an attraction to children's fiction. It gives one room to imagine and be in the books, and it leaves me to wish that I could write as good.

Overtime, I learned not to overdo "being in the books". I know that's pretty serious for your mind to wander off like that. But I also always have that dream and ambition that I could write like the authors I love, only that the stories would bear the imprints of God -- and that's not easy. There's tonnes of books out there writing about absolute rubbish, but it's high time people should know what to chew and what to puke at.

So I shall consult the Holy Spirit and go to bed now. What a piece! :)

No comments: