Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Parting to a New Beginning

This one is for Pr. Kenneth & Pr. Sharon and their cute little daughter Sophia.

When I first got the news about their leave, I could tell that this was something different. I felt it in my heart, although the sadness and feelings of having to part was also present. Yet, there was an assurance that came along, a peace that says, "this is good".

In Ecclesiastes it says to everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Of course, it could be something easier said than to accept. It's quite easy for one to use it as an excuse, but to really say it with the conviction of the Holy Spirit and knowing so deeply in the heart that this is the truth that is set upon them -- there is no denying the purpose of God that comes directly from Him, and with it comes assurance and peace.

This is a difficult piece to write, because there's just so much thoughts to it, so much to convey yet with so little words to describe...

Roman 8:28 is always quoted as a favourite verse when we acknowledge the Lord's goodness though we may not fully understand His plans. But at this moment, I think I shall quote Isaiah 54:2-3 instead:

2 Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes.
3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited.
I believe God is really expanding us and speeding up the process of expansion so quickly that we've just got to avail ourselves for Him to fulfil His purpose. There's no delaying, no doubting, only total trust, total surrender.

It says, "do not spare". Do not spare what? Do not spare everything that you have. That includes yourself. Aren't we good at sparing ourselves from trouble or work? Oh, please spare me from the chores, I have exams coming. I'm a spare in the team; only if the guy injures I will play. Spare tyres are only used in emergencies. Spare parts only come in handy when the originals are spoiled. But NO! God says, DO NOT SPARE. That means, don't spare the ones that are the best, nor the ones that are not so good. Don't reserve anything.

Dear Pr. Kenneth & Pr. Sharon, this is my prayer for you:

Father God, they have not spared anything from You, because they know that You have not spared Your only begotten son for us. They have laid down, and they are ready to labour for Your Kingdom. So Lord I pray that every blessing and anointing and need that they have, it shall be poured out to them. Every journey that they walk, may they be upright in Your will and purpose, that Your glory will come as is promised.

Lord, we don't know and may not understand where You are leading us, even as a whole church, but God, we do know that we are not lost, but in Your divine purpose and destiny. Lord, I pray that as they will build Your church in Penang, let the souls pour in and the darkness be reduced to nothingness. God, You know the significance and every landmark of the state. We pray that Your sovereign hand will take charge and that it will turn this nation as You have willed.

God, as You have made us to be more than conquerors, please make Pr. Kenneth and Pr. Sharon victors to triumph over every challenge. Bless them Lord in all things. We are parting, but we know that in You we will always be united. This is not the end, but the beginning, for both World Harvest, and for this family. I pray that Your angels will be their guide and shield, take charge over them.

God, You are good. May all the goodness and greatness that You have intended for them and for us be so evident. We thank You for all that You've done and all that will come. In Jesus' mighty name, AMEN!

Bye, Pastors, but we shall surely meet again. I have never thought that great joy and sadness could be felt at the same time, but now I have experienced it and know that only God could place this unique emotion in me. I will always remember our first meeting and every word that you have imparted and spoken over my life.

You will always be in our hearts. Take care. We love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dandelion,is what you remind me of."Gather to Scatter",is what He wants His children to do.Doesn't He?Surely it doesn't feel good to be seperated with someone we dearly love yet seeing that the Christ's love is going to be spread to a wider extend,thinking of more lost souls wiil be saved,brokenhearted will be mended, backsliders will return..
All because of His wonderful plan.

I can't help the overflowing joy in my heart when i knew that our beloved Pr.Kennenth and Pr.Sharon are being annoited for this task.
A bible verse comes to me.

(John 15:16)You did not choose me but I chose you and appointed you so that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

No matter how far away they are,the love that once bond u all together will not be broken.God bless you.