Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Remembering You

Steven Curtis Chapman sang the theme song for Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The song is titled 'Remembering You' -- Precisely to remember the goodness of the Lord.

It's easy to praise God when everything is well in life, to bless the Lord when we are happy; but we may not even remember the Lord when we go through difficulties and tough times in life, let alone giving Him praise and worship Him. Yes, it's pretty much a cliché to say this, but really, how many of us have truly made it a practice to rejoice always and give thanks to the Lord through circumstances? If we haven't, then all the more we should be reminding ourselves to remember the Lord, rejoice in Him, give thanks and praise Him.

Verse 1: "I found You in the most unlikely way But really it was You who found me And I found myself in the gifts that You gave You gave me so much and I I wish You could stay but I'll, I'll wait for the day..." Do you remember His grace for your life?

In the chorus it sings: "And I'll watch as the cold winter melts into spring, I'll be remembering You Oh, and I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing, I'll be remembering You." Have you seen God in the beauty of nature? Do you remember that it was Him who created all things before the dawn of time? Above all, He created you...

Verse 2: "From the first moment when I heard Your name Something in my heart came alive You showed me love and no words could explain A love with the power to Open the door To a world I was made for..." Our salvation is precious. It's that moment when you made the best decision from your heart to receive Jesus' love, and it's with this love that you enter the World -- not this world, but His Kingdom, where you are made for.

And in the bridge: "The dark night, the hard fight The long climb up the hill knowing the cost The brave death, the last breathe The silence whispering all hope was lost The thunder, the wonder A power that brings the dead back to life." This sings of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Though it was thought that all hope was lost, yet by His resurrection, hope was restored.

Enjoy the song. Remember the Lord's goodness and rich blessings on our lives. Remember Him.

No comments: