Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Faithful in Sowing

The LORD says, what you sow, you will reap. If you sow sparingly, you will also reap sparingly. But if you sow bountifully, you will also reap bountifully.

Worship is not complete without our giving of tithes and offering, because the Lord deserves the best of us, not just in our singing, but also in the things that mean the most to us.

Yes, money means the most to us, because we need money to survive in this world. But God says that He knows we need all these things, yet as we obeying Him in our giving, we will receive blessings.

I am not from a wealthy family background, but I have never lacked in finance or experienced any financial difficulties. Of course, it does not mean then that God did not bless me financially.

I've always settled in my heart that if there would come a time in my life that I needed a large sum of money, it will be provided for me. I also understood the blessings of God may not be come in monetary terms all the time – it could be in other areas of life. All in all, I was content.

I used to give in this manner: on Saturday night, I will set aside my tithes and offerings for the next day (Sunday), so that there will be something given every week, instead of just giving a sum of money at the beginning of the month and end up not giving later on. In my heart, I have always settled the amount that I want to give to God and had no problem preparing that amount for that week.

However, when I started to work, I also began to spend more. It felt more difficult to be giving tithes and offering on a weekly basis than it used to be. Towards the middle of the month, I would be asking myself where had my money gone. I was not tight on my budget, but I felt as though my money was shrinking in value.

Then, the Holy Spirit quickened my understanding that I needed a change in the way that I give. Instead of setting aside my tithes and offering on a weekly basis, I decided to do so right at the beginning of the month. This means that as soon as I withdraw money from the bank, I will set aside the total sum for tithes and offering. Only then from this sum of money, it will be segregated into weekly giving.

The Holy Spirit taught me to honour Him by putting what belongs to Him above all my spending. I also need not worry that I don't have enough to give by the end of the month.

Immediately on that month itself, I saw His hand blessing me financially. I no longer felt that I was tight in my budget. In fact, I saw myself having surplus at the end of the month. With faithful sowing, I reaped my harvest of financial blessing at the end of the year when I received my annual bonus. From there, I blessed the Lord with my annual thanksgiving offering, an amount that I never thought I could give.

Truly, when the Lord bless us, He bless us exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ask or think of. Therefore, by honouring Him in our giving, we shall have overflowing blessing.

Verse to Remember:
2 Corinthians 9:6 - 8 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is ale to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having sufficiency in all things, will have an abundance for every good work.

No comments: