Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quarter of a Century

Yes, I know I should have posted this about a week ago, but still, late is better than nothing.

I'm delighted with the all the well wishes and blessings given by my friends, the surprise celebration after cell group, the after-church supper, and the Friday night dinner. I'm thankful of my parents who brought me up and raised me to who I am today. I'm truly grateful of all the lovely people around me. But most of all, I'm thankful and grateful to God for life. Thank you.

Life is beautiful. I've lived a quarter of a century and am able to testify of it. Sure, there are ups and downs every moment and every phase of our lives, but still, life is truly beautiful when you're able to appreciate the beauty of the Lord who created you.

Any special thoughts for being 25? Well, only that I'm wishing to move on to the next phase of life. Of course, obviously, life is not just about getting to the next phase, but the growing itself, growing more and more mature, growing more and more in spiritual understanding. But I know God is interested in all aspects of my life. And this, I surrender to Him.

I realised that at different stages of our lives, we have different groups of people around us. And until a point, some people will be less in contact with you, and from there getting lesser and lesser. Maybe even some relationships that you need to give up and move on. There may not be any reasons to giving up some relationships, only that times and seasons have changed and both parties have taken different paths and made different choices in life.

There are some relationships that you'll always have around you. There are some relationships that you've got to let go because it will not bring any result. There are relationships that will grow and blossom. There are relationships that will fade away through time, and when you meet them again you're loss at words. But God is the only one that will remain the same forever.

Life is beautiful. I'll move on beautifully, like a butterfly and flutters gently from one flower to another. I'll mount up with wings like eagle and soar higher. I'll behold the rising and setting sun, and know that You have appointed times and seasons, numbered them, yes, but each for me to enjoy, together in Your glorious presence.

*

My company pays us for a present for our birthday, so I went hunting for a dress for Christmas during the weekend, with a certain budget. I went to a few places, but I didn't find what I wanted until I went further away. I drove there with in mind of getting the dress within 2-3 hours' time. I don't like shopping when I have something specific to hunt for without a specific knowing of where to get it; I don't enjoy hopping from shop to shop and looking through many colours and styles but not finding what I want. I have a very low stamina for shopping. (Not sure if that's something normal, me being a girl...)

So I prayed and told God, "please tell me where to get this dress. I don't even have any idea how it should look like, but I want to have a belt that goes with it." And I went hunting for the dress. I reached the mall at 5.45pm, and I walked for a long time without seeing anything that was close to the little idea I had in mind. I was getting very tired and discouraged when I went into this shop and saw the blue dress. It fitted nicely, and I chose a black belt to go with it. I calculated the price of both and it was exactly to my budget! Praise God! It was around 7.50pm when I paid of the dress and belt. Two full hours of shopping, and I got what I wanted. XD

*

Shall keep posting...

No comments: