Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rainbows in the Sky

Rainbows in the sky to know God's promises are true...

I don't know when it was that I started to pursue after rainbows in the sky. Whenever it drizzles in the evening and there is still sunlight, I will be looking out for it on the eastern skylines. The sun would be on the west, shining through the raindrops and forming the rainbow on the east.

Coincidentally, the east symbolises where the presence of God is. The tabernacle was always at the east. The east is where the sun rises every morning, and every morning His mercies are new. Coincidence or creation?

Did you know? It's rare to see rainbows in the morning, because it seldom rains like that in the morning -- sun on the east and raining on the west sky. But I have seen this morning rainbow, and it was a huge complete arch, with its distinctive seven colours brightly shining against the grey sky.

And did you know? It wouldn't be possible to see rainbows in the evening unless you are right in the middle where the sun shines and it is raining at the same time. But I have seen it many times, and at times when I least expected it.

These are times when I needed an assurance from the Lord. And though these may be times when I least expected it, I am never surprised at the appearance of a rainbow, because I know they will come. Because I know God's love never fail. Because I know my Father wants to lavish His loving kindness and tender mercies on me all over again. Because He wants to restore me and heal me and comfort me.

And every time I see the rainbow, the Lord is speaking a different thing. Sometimes it is about His everlasting love; sometimes it is His assurance that He is with me; sometimes it is telling me not to give up, because this is what He wants me to walk in and stick on; sometimes it is all of the above. But all in all, His peace fills me and warms my heart... I am grateful for His love.

No comments: