Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Timing of God

Did you know that God is always punctual and never late for anything? Even though we may sometimes think He is slow or even delays answering our prayers, He actually knows the perfect timing for everything. If He sees the end from the beginning and has time in His hands, He surely knows when is the right time for things.

I have been wanting to have a career switch for some months. I've thought long and hard about it, because I wasn't sure about where I wanted to go. When I finally took the step of faith to applied for another job, I had in mind that I was going to begin the new job in April, because I have planned for the Melbourne trip in March.

The interview went smooth, and I felt sure that it was going to be a good job, but they wanted me to begin in March. When I couldn't make it, eventually they turned me down. It was timing problem on both sides.

At that time, I felt very sad because I hadn't applied for any other jobs. It seemed like I had to delay leaving my company to an indefinite period of time. Nevertheless, I resolved in my heart that I would stay on and trust the Lord.

A month after the trip to Melbourne, the interviewer called me back and asked if I was still interested in the job. It was truly God's miracle open door for me! I went for an interview again and this time, it was the right timing for both sides. The boss even told me that a few months ago, the company was not doing so well, but is now picking up again.

So, I accepted the job offer and tendered my resignation letter. After checking on my annual leave, I could actually have one week off before the start of my new job. Wow, talk about the timing of God!

Truly, God knows the timing and seasons for our lives. He not only knows it, but takes care of us accordingly. So just be patient when God delays answering us. He has something better in mind. :)

No comments: