Jeremiah 29:11 ~~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,
thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



God's Word for you Today

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Smallest Rainbow

To those of you who drive, have you ever thought of how you can give thanks when there is a terrible jam and you're rushing for work? Every minute that ticks pass is another moment closer to the threat of being late, so what runs through your mind may be worry and anxiety more than a thanksgiving heart that rises to God. Well, I had the opportunity this morning to give thanks to God, because I saw something in the sky that was beautiful beyond description.

Two cranes flew by, heading towards the zoo. One particularly flew quite near to the cars in front, because at the stretch I was stuck at was a raised highway. I watched them as they glided through the sky, thinking how nice it would be if they were to flew pass above my car... We inched towards the turning to go down the slope, and as I was turning, I saw it. The sky was now brightly lit, although the thick clouds were a unique combination of reddish orange and grey. And there, in between two clouds was one small ray of rainbow. But there was no mistaking it.

I think I was the only one who actually saw that. Or at least I'd like to think it that way. The rainbow lasted for only about five minutes, and it faded. But for the longest time I just stared at it, one eye looking out at traffic and another just trying to drink in all the beauty in it...

It was so small... Just so small... I tried to look if there were other parts of it coming out in sky, but the clouds were too thick, that was the only gap that allowed the colourful ray to shine through. I couldn't take a picture of it, but there's no regret; it's forever etched in my heart.

I said a prayer to my Father. I need You, Lord. I know every time You show me this Rainbow of Promise, You're just telling me and assuring me of Your great love. Teach me what to do. Show me how, Lord. I need You.

And I gave thanks for the jam.

Jesus, all the answers and solutions are found in You. Even when sometimes we think there are questions that we have never thought about, questions that are essentially doubts, Lord, even these You have the answers to them. Even when things don't turn out the way we want them to, You have the solutions for them. And all we need to do is just to rest in You, rest in the assurance of Your goodness and mercy.

Father, I thank You. And I love You.

No comments: